Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna ( PMKVY )
What Is PMKVY ?
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Under this Scheme, Training and Assessment fees are completely paid by the Government. The scheme will be implemented through the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
Features Of PMKVY
1. Short Term Training with the aim to benefit everyone – School dropouts or the unemployed. Duration of the training varies per job role, ranging between 150 and 300 hours.
2. Recognition of Prior Learning - Individuals with prior learning experience or skills shall be assessed and certified under the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) component of the Scheme. RPL aims to align the competencies of the unregulated workforce of the country to the qualification framework.
3. Special Projects - Special Projects are projects that require some deviation from the terms and conditions of Short Term Training under PMKVY for any stakeholder. A proposing stakeholder can be either Government Institutions/Autonomous Body/Statutory Body or any other equivalent body or corporate who desire to provide training to candidates.
4. Kaushal and Rozgar Mela -Social and community mobilisation is extremely critical for the success of PMKVY. In line with this, PMKVY assigns special importance to the involvement of the target beneficiaries through a defined mobilisation process. Kaushal and Rozgar Melas are planned to be arranged every six months for the same.
5. Placement Guidelines - PMKVY envisages to link the aptitude, aspiration, and knowledge of the skilled workforce it creates with employment opportunities and demands in the market and also provide support to entrepreneurship development.
Role Of NYCS in PMKVY
NYCS, through its Skill Development division “KOVIDA” got the opportunity of implementing PMKVY across the country by becoming partner with NSDC and 6 different Sector Skill Councils namely Agriculture, Tourism and Hospitality, Apparel Made-ups and Home Furnishing, Construction, IT/ITes and Electronics. A total of 1787 participants across 11 different Job roles (Sewing Machine Operator, Hand Embroiderer, Helper Electrician, Smartphone Repair Technician, CCTV Camera Installation Technician, Field Technician Air Conditioner, Solar Panel Installation Technician, Domestic Data Entry Operator, Customer Service Executive (Meet & Greet), Floriculturist Protected Cultivation, Gardener) undertook the training program in 43 different NYCS training centers spread across 11 states (Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Odisha, Punjab, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand) and 43 districts. All the trained candidates were linked with their Aadhar numbers enabling them to open and own their own account numbers under the scheme. More than 1000 Bank of India saving accounts has been successfully opened till date. The successfully assessed and passed candidates hold the right to avail Skill Certification and Skill Card issued by Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship for their bright career and future ahead.
The scheme got successfully implemented due to the huge network of our district representatives spread across 500 districts of the country. Various efforts are being taken to employee the candidates within their chosen sector.